Name of the Convener: Dr. A N Mahadeva Prasad
Mobile No. : 9449324289
Considering the determination of the Central Government and the University Grants Commission to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging of any type and the gravity of the issue, the college has constituted the Anti-Ragging Cell in compliance with the regulations of UGC on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions. The anti- ragging Cell ensures the implementation of the preventive measure and undertakes field visits to ensure ragging free campus.
Anti-Ragging Cell will be the advisory committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus. The main objectives of this cell are as follows:
- To create awareness among the students of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging, if any so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To promptly and stringently deal with the incidents of ragging brought to our notice.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed and unpunished.
- Meet periodically to discuss important matters, incidences and UGC guidelines on Anti-ragging
- Act as a mediator between the Anti-ragging squad, administration and the students
- Prevent incidences of ragging
- Educate students on the negativity of ragging and inculcate good values which help them refrain from such acts
- Monitor anti – ragging activities in the Institution
- Help to maintain the ethos of the Institution – Ragging free campus
- Meet students in the students’ assembly and brief them about the Institution’s stand about ragging
- Organize programmes to create awareness
- Disseminate information on Anti ragging rules & regulations
- Give heed to the recommendations of the Anti-ragging Squad in the right perspective
WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING
Raging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which as the effect or teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion of forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any student or students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it ; sexual abuse homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act that effects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student.
- With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-ragging Squad.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/Withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional,national or international meet,tournament,youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
2020 – 21
2021 – 22