The need to win or succeed in competitive exams is a must to have a successful career in the fast developing countries like India. The competition is intense for exams like UPSC, KPSC, IIT, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, MARKETING, BANKING, NET, SLET, FDA, SDA, DEFENCE,
MCA etc. Some crack these competitive exams with ease and confidence. But to many, success is not guaranteed even after repeated attempts attended with hard preparation. This indicates more emphasis towards the mind-set besides hard work required. We also need a proper approach and strategy in the preparation. In this regard our prestigious College has aimed to serve the interest of the aspirants of the various competitive examinations to combat the prevailing challenges in the global context to secure contextual jobs at different spheres.
Aim of conducting competitive examination classes:
- To comprehend the hidden talent of the students and to test their management skills to make them fit to be professionals of intellect.
- To provide academic facilities to the students aspiring for UPSC, KPSC, IIT, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, MARKETING, BANKING, NET, SLET, FDA, SDA, DEFENCE, MCA etc.
- To provide the necessary guidance for the aspirant students in various competitive examinations as mentioned above.
- To create awareness among the students about the available opportunities in the various stages to secure the need-based knowledge and information to secure jobs in competitive world.
- To make students to be more competent to through attending competitive examinations will be conducted in the College.
- To infuse the leadership qualities and Democratic attitude in the mind of the students.
- To create awareness among the students about their social and civil responsibilities as the best citizens of the Nation in particular and the globe in general.
- To help learners to be appropriate and realistic career choices and career direction.
- To equip the aspirants to develop competitive skills through conducting aptitude tests
- To inspire the aspirant learners to be independent job seekers to choose their interested areas.
ESSENTIALS OF CONDUCTING COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION CLASSES:
- Competitive exams are conducted either to qualify a candidate for a particular course or to give entry into the institution.
- Competitive exams are also conducted for selecting a person for a job. Clearing a Competitive exam will help a person to enter into his Dream College or institution or to pursue his dream job. This section will help students to get some vital information about those exams. Some of the major institutions of government conduct these examinations.
- To clear these exams dedicated efforts along with certain soft skills are required. One should have clear knowledge of one‘s goals, should know how to use time effectively for getting success in competitive exams.
- Exams conducted for professional courses entry into Competitive exams is considered as an integral part for the entry into elite institutions to get an admission. They are also called as entrance exams. There is more number of students and limited numbers of seats, admission tests are the solution for selecting deserving students for the specific course.
- Rigorous training, systematic planning and hard work are the keys to face the entrance exams. In some of the institutions entrance exams are followed by group discussion and interview.
- Examinations are conducted to evaluate a person of his knowledge or ability. There are different types of examinations like qualifying or competitive exams. Qualifying exams are conducted to evaluate certain kind of knowledge or skills; they are decided as per the course.
- The exam is conducted at two stages, Preliminary and Main Exams. The notification for preliminary comes in the month of Nov. –Dec and it is conducted during May of the next year.
- It consists of two papers of General Studies 200 marks each. Civil services Main written examination is conducted during October-November. There are total nine papers including Indian language, English, essay, two papers of General studies and two papers of first optional subject and two papers of second optional subject.
- Total marks are 2000, Interview test is of 300 marks. Candidates have the option to answer all the question papers, except the language papers, viz, Paper-I and Paper-II, in any one of the languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution or in English.
- In addition to Civil Services Examination UPSC also conduct examinations for entry to certain Defence Services, through the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy and the Officers Training Academy. National Defence Academy (NDA) Entrance Exam is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September.
- National Eligibility Test is generally conducted twice a year in the month of June and December. The UGC-CSIR NET for the science subjects such as Life sciences, Physical sciences, Chemical sciences, Mathematical sciences and Earth, Atmospheric, 234 Ocean and planetary sciences are conducted by Council of scientific and industrial Research (CSIR) jointly with UGC.
Need of language component to face competitive examinations:
Usually, English language incorporates the three important sections: Grammar, Vocabulary, and comprehension. These three sections enable the spirit of the learners to improve their proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, listening and also understanding the language skills.
The following Language components are supposed to enhance the fluency and writing skills of the learners in the different context.
- Use of Tenses
- Words often confused
- Framing questions
- Use of Yes or No questions
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Construction of sentences
- Report writing, proof reading
- Reading comprehension (unseen passage) to understand the relevance of the content.
- Usage of vocabulary
- Précis writing
- Translation from English to Regional languages, etc…
Need of general Knowledge to combat the competition:
As we are aware that General Knowledge (GK) is very essential area in all the competitive examinations supposed to be held at Central and State level; “Competitive Examination Classes Committee” of the College headed by the principal has aimed at making the students to acquire general knowledge required to combat the various challenges to be fit to write the examinations and to be equipped to serve satisfactorily as professionals in the different context.
The students those who aspire to write competitive examinations are basically created awareness about the need of general knowledge to know more about Indian Sates and Capitals, Largest & Smallest State/Union Territory of India, Important days and Dates, National and International Affairs, Names of World Countries and Names. Besides, the following topics are supposed to teach to the students during the training.
- Indian Constitution
- Current Affairs
- Physical geography
- Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Economic thoughts
- Co-operative Movement in Karnataka/India
- Indian Polity
- General English and general Kannada
- Karnataka Freedom Movement
- Cultural heritage of India
- Basics of Science & technology
- Information and Communication Technology, etc….
PROPOSED SUBJECTS TO TEACH IN COMPETITIVE EXAM CLASSES
- Development of Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Library and Information Technology
- Indian Constitution
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Studies of Business Management
- Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- Physical Geography
- Indian Culture
- Principles of Law
- Essential components of English Language
- Communication Skill in the modern Business world, etc….
The Committee has taken initiative to conduct the classes for the students who wish to write Banking and Insurance related competitive examinations as shown below:
- IBPS(Institute of banking Personnel Selection)
- Reserve bank of India
- Railway Recruitment Board Examination
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION TRAINING CELL